Debug and Fix If Statements In this assessment, you will debug and fix a given Java console application that uses if statements, but the application does not compile nor execute. You can use either the Toolwire environment or your local Java development environment to complete this assignment.
The application has four bugs. Your assignment is to find these bugs and fix them so that the application meets its stated requirements.
The requirements of this application are as follows: The application is to prompt the user to enter 3 integers representing three choices of numbers between 1 and 7. An integer value of zero means a choice has not been made yet.
The application then determines and prints out the state of the choices made. That is the application determines and prints out the number of choices made and their values.
The three choices have restrictions on them based on their order. The choices are made in order such that if the user did not make a first choice of a number between 1 and 7 (first integer is zero), the user cannot make a second or a third choice. An example of the three integers in this case would be:
0 0 0
Similarly, if the user makes a first choice (first integer is non-zero), but did not make a second choice (second integer is zero), the user cannot make a third choice. An example of the three integers in this case would be:
2 0 0
and so on.
There is no need to validate the entered three integers to ensure they comply with the above rules. (Choices are between 1 and 7 and are entered in order.) Assume the entered data will be valid.
Use these valid sets of data for testing: 0 0 0
2 0 0
1 4 0
7 5 7
Successful completion of this assignment will show the number of non-zero choices made by the user and their values when the application is run. Your program output should look like this sample output:
Follow these steps to complete this assignment:
1. Unzip the attached NetBeans project zip file (U3A1_DebugFixIFStmts.zip) and load it into your NetBeans IDE.
2. Debug and fix the application to meet its stated requirements.
3. Compile and test your application using the provided input data.
Make sure to document the result of your testing by taking screenshots of the result of running your application similar to the provided sample output. Four screenshots are required for this assignment. Explain the approach you took to complete this assignment and the major decisions you made. As part of your explanation, be sure to identify the fundamental Java constructs you used that were specific and relevant to your submitted program.
Use the submission template provided in the resources (WeekXSolutionSubmissionTemplate.docx) to complete and submit your deliverables. Your deliverables in the attached submission template should include:
1. Your work. (Netbeans project zip file + copy of *.java source code.)
2. Screenshots of the result of testing your application. See the examples provided.
3. Explain the approach you took to complete this assignment and the major decisions you made. As part of your explanation, be sure to identify the fundamental Java constructs you used that were specific and relevant to your submitted program.
Your work will be scored on the following criteria:
1. Identify bugs in a program using development tools.
2. Code an application to fix bugs.
3. Test the application and document testing.
4. Explain the approach taken to complete the fix and the major decisions made.
5. Identify relevant fundamental constructs in submitted program.
6. Communicate efficiently, effectively, and in an appropriate manner as an IT professional.
- Debug and Fix If Statements